January 15, 2017
“But if ye will not drive out the inhabitants of the land from before you; then it shall come to pass, that those which ye let remain of them shall be pricks in your eyes, and thorns in your sides, and shall vex you in the land wherein ye dwell.”
Numbers 33:55 KJV
- You can let certain things stick around but they’re going to be nuisances.
- Pricks in your eyes. Your vision will be hindered by self hate, blurred by bitter feelings, inhibited by distractions as to what others think.
- Thorns in your side. Criticism you give too much attention to; gossip that nags at your mind and spirit.
- Vex you. Affliction to your faith. Adversary to your position, always argumentative to your convictions. Besieging your dreams with doubts. Cramping your style with their claustrophobic walls of behaviors and actions.
“Lord, how are they increased that trouble me! many are they that rise up against me. Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God. Selah. But thou, O Lord, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.”
Psalms 3:1-3 KJV
- Outnumbered in the trial; there are more who say you can’t! You are hindered.
- Impotent in travail. Your prayer won’t work. God doesn’t hear you so he can’t help you. You are helpless.
- Uplifted by the truth. God will defend you against discouragement. You are heartened. Listen now…