January 24, 2021
Num 11:1 And when the people complained, it displeased the LORD: and the LORD heard it; and his anger was kindled; and the fire of the LORD burnt among them, and consumed them that were in the uttermost parts of the camp.
Num 11:2 And the people cried unto Moses; and when Moses prayed unto the LORD, the fire was quenched.
- Destruction Fire burned because of God’s wrath toward complaints.
- Moses prayed. He said something to God.
- God DID something to the fire. That was active deliverance.
1Sa 1:27 For this child I prayed; and the LORD hath given me my petition which I asked of him:
1Sa 1:28 Therefore also I have lent him to the LORD; as long as he liveth he shall be lent to the LORD. And he worshipped the LORD there.
- Hanna was barren and prayed. She took her dilemma to the altar.
- God opened her womb and her petition became pregnancy.
- Prayer activated a dead womb to birth a prophet.
2Ki 4:32 And when Elisha was come into the house, behold, the child was dead, and laid upon his bed.
2Ki 4:33 He went in therefore, and shut the door upon them twain, and prayed unto the LORD.
2Ki 4:34 And he went up, and lay upon the child, and put his mouth upon his mouth, and his eyes upon his eyes, and his hands upon his hands: and he stretched himself upon the child; and the flesh of the child waxed warm.
2Ki 4:35 Then he returned, and walked in the house to and fro; and went up, and stretched himself upon him: and the child sneezed seven times, and the child opened his eyes.
2Ki 4:36 And he called Gehazi, and said, Call this Shunammite. So he called her. And when she was come in unto him, he said, Take up thy son.
- The mother wanted something to be done about her dead son.
- The staff didn’t bring healing but prayer did. And it was the prayer of who? The specific man of God.
- God has given men of God specific authority to bring life to dead situations. The cold staff of lifeless institutions won’t bring dead faith and hopes and dreams back. But prayer can. Apostolic authority can. It breathes life into the lungs of justice. It revives what earthly ailments and demonic philosophy would kill.
- Prayer is active. But it isn’t just active. It activates. I can run full speed toward a lever that when pulled will close a gate or drop a wall that keeps the flood waters out. I am active. But I am also activating a greater power. It triggers divine power. Tell me what else can do that better than prayer. Complaint? Dissension? Pride?
- The prayer stretch. The man of God prayed and then stretched himself. We must equally stretch ourselves beyond human understanding. Listen now…